- In 2007, I resolve to enter every building only through doorways.
- In 2007, I resolve to complain ceaselessly every time I get the hiccups, being sure to pretend that I am rushing to the computer to look up the longest recorded case of continuous hiccups (68 years!)
- In 2007, I resolve to empty the clean laundry out of the basket onto the bed, thinking I will get around to putting the clothes away later, only to forget totally about them until bedtime, when I will shove them unceremoniously back into the basket.
- In 2007, I resolve that I will repeat the "empty onto bed, stuff back into basket" cycle at least 3 times before actually getting around to putting it away.
- In 2007, I resolve to confuse the names of my 2 lovely children, our cat, and our dog on a regular basis. (Otherwise, the poor girls will have nothing to tease me about, once they've hit the age of youthful all-knowing smartypants-ness.)
Pediatric Grand Rounds is up, hosted this week by the ever-engaging Shinga at Breath Spa for Kids. Among the offerings you will find a complete list of Dr. Flea's fascinating series on vaccinations. Recommended reading (and all sorts of fun broke out occasionally in the comments section, too).
As long as I'm recommending reading, I have to point out a piece that I read this week that just poofed the air right out of my lungs, and left me gasping at its beauty and truth. No kidding, you must not miss reading Neighbor, a piece published in the esteemed pages of Literary Mama.
And, while I'm at it, the delightful mamazine has begun a new column written by Jennifer Graf Groneberg, which I have been loving. Her latest entry, The Piano takes an unflinching look at the process of growing into the role of a parent. Lovely.
I'll be back in the New Year. Enjoy yourselves. Be safe. Be sure to let me know if you have any big blowout parties planned, because I love nothing more than a fabulous vicarious social life!